Monday, November 10, 2008

Update and More Recipes

HHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hi! It has only been one day but, I wanted to write anyway. In church my sister has a calling. On Saturday I got my bed. I am so happy. It is a lot easier to sleep soundly. My room is a lot cleaner and I it will be a lot easier to keep it clean. In school I have to study for biology (a test). In Child Development next Thursday we are going to watch a woman go through her pregnancy and them the birth of the baby. Kind of weird. My teacher gave us a slip for our parents to sign saying that we can watch it. In my history class we had a test. I sort of don't like that class all that much. But, as like my parents say " That doesn't mean that you can still work hard anyway." End quote. I love to write stories. I have written my on play. I was only 13 so it is kind of kiddish. When I grow up I want to be kindergarten teacher and maybe and Aurthur. I love to make up stories. Anyway there you go. Now here is you new recipe.

Recipe: Rhubarb iced-tea

Ingredients:
8-10 good sized stalks freshed red rhubarb
1/2 cup sugar
4 herbal tea bags(mint,lemon,or berry...choose something sweet)
3 quarts cold water

Directions:
  1. Chop up the stalks of rhubarb into pieces about the size of your thumb. Wash them thoroughly.
  2. Drop the rhubanb into a large pot with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn down the heat to median low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
  3. Put the sugar and the tea bags into a larger glass ice-tea pitcher.
  4. Pour the rhubarb water through a sieve into the pitcher, making sure rhubarb pieces don't end up in the tea bags.
  5. Pour the tea into a glass filled to the rim with ice. Add mint leaves or a sliced of lemon.

makes about 12 glasses

If you try it please comment! Thanks for reading this. See you later!

1 comment:

*~Petra~* said...

You are a good blogger... unlike your mom, who is not very good because she never posts anything ;)

That iced herbal tea sounds interesting. Maybe I will have to get some rhubarb and try it. I do like rhubarb!

Sorry you have to watch birth. Don't let it scare you though... it is not as bad when you are actually there... it doesn't seem so gross.

I am so happy you got your bed. I can't wait to see it. We will have to drop by one of these days :)

Love ya!